Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 26 February 2015

Dotted Borders and some

Sunday night scored another Common Quaker and a Chestnut but Monday and Tuesday were nil returns.

Last night was milder and full of promise.  Dave reported good numbers of micros including a Garden Cosmet Mompha subbistrigella which I've never seen.  Well on the micro front it was disappointing here - just 6 Common Flat-bodies Agonopterix heracliana - the only species of micro already on my garden year list. 

Macros fared better, and included my first 2 Dotted Borders for the year.  Others were 2 March Moths, 3 Pale Brindled Beauties, Satellite and Chestnut.




Dotted Borders, North Elmham, 25th February


Satellite, North Elmham, 25th February


This chap was also hoping I'd attract a few juicy insects...



Garden Spider, North Elmham, 25th February

No comments:

Post a Comment