Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Early Common Quaker

Sunday night saw Pale Brindled Beauty and Early Moth again - I wondered if the Pale Brindled Beauty was the same individual as the previous night as it was similarly marked.  

Monday night was a nil return but Tuesday evening produced another Early Moth. As I went through the trap this morning I discovered a Common Quaker lurking beneath the rim.  I hadn't been expecting that, 2.5 weeks earlier than my previous earliest, but there are a few records in the Norfolk database for early February.


Common Quaker, North Elmham, 10th February

No comments:

Post a Comment