Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 15 February 2015

Rocking!

I had high hopes for last night and it was looking good by the time I turned in with Early Moth and most of 6 Pale Brindled Beauties having already appeared outside of the trap.


Pale Brindled Beauties, North Elmham, 14th February


Come the morning and the trap contained my first March Moth of the year, 2 Common Flat-bodies Agonopterix heracliana (my first micros of any type this year), 2 Chestnuts and a Dark Chestnut.  So a total of 13 moths of 6 species - that's more like it!


March Moth, North Elmham, 14th February


Dark Chestnut, North Elmham, 14th February



presumed Common Flat-bodies Agonopterix heracliana, North Elmham, 14th February

No comments:

Post a Comment