Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Monday 30 March 2015

Lead-coloured Drab

It's been pretty quiet since my last post: 2 Common Quakers, Clouded Drab, 5 Hebrew Characters and 2 Chestnuts on Thursday night, Small Quaker, Common Quaker and 2 Hebrew Characters on Friday night and Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana, 2 March Moths, Small Quaker, 6 Clouded Drabs and 2 Hebrew Characters on Saturday night.

March Moth, North Elmham, 28th March


Black Sexton Beetle, North Elmham, 28th March


One of Saturday's Clouded Drabs looked very distinctive, pale grey with a prominent dark band and spots. It made me review the ID features of Lead-coloured Drab, though once I'd looked it up it became pretty clear that it wasn't that.

Clouded Drab, North Elmham, 28th March


Last night there weren't many more moths, nor much variety, but this time I was more prepared to identify a Lead-coloured Drab, and had the opportunity to do just that.


Lead-coloured Drab, North Elmham, 29th March


There wasn't much else: March Moth, Shoulder Stripe, 2 Clouded Drabs and 3 Hebrew Characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment