Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Saturday 21 March 2015

Vice county first!

It seems that the NOLA database is online if you access it via the mobile site, though still showing as offline from the regular site.  Anyway, the mobile site allowed me to check previous county records of Spindle Smudge Ypsolopha mucronella.  There are indeed around 20 records but bizarrely they're all in the east of the county, VC27.  There's a good scattering of records in VC27 with some coming reasonably close to the border, but it would appear that my two recent records are the first and second for VC28, west Norfolk.

Spindle Smudge Ypsolopha mucronella, North Elmham, 12th March - the first for VC28?


Spindle Smudge Ypsolopha mucronella, North Elmham, 18th March - the second for VC28?

No comments:

Post a Comment