Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 19 April 2015

Emperor Moths

Dave recently borrowed an Emperor pheremone lure from Ben and has had some amazing success with it.  I - and some others - had been hoping to join him giving it another go on Saturday afternoon but with my bug in full swing I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to join him after all.  In the end we agreed a location where I wouldn't have to walk far and I gave it a go.  It was as much as I can manage - I fell asleep exhausted the moment I got back - but I was glad I made the effort.

We had Emperor Moths come in 14 times including after the lure had been putting away and they continued to be attracted to Dave who'd been carrying the lure!  How many individuals were involved is anyone's guess.



Emperor Moths, Kelling Heath, 18th April


Not much else in the way of leipdoptera - 1-2 Peacocks.  Also 2-3 Green Tiger Beetles seen, 2-3 Common Lizards and 3 Adders.

No comments:

Post a Comment