Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 2 April 2015

Lead-coloured Clouded Drab

The last three nights have been pretty uneventful on the moth front. In total they just scraped 2 Small Quakers, 3 Common Quakers, a Clouded Drab, 5 Hebrew Characters and an Early Grey. 

The Clouded Drab was interesting. In some ways I thought it a better candidate for Lead-coloured than the Lead-coloured Drab I had on Sunday night. Very grey (it looks much browner in the photo than it did in life), less prominent dark band and large oval and kidney outlined in white. But when I eventually persuaded it to show me its antennae they revealed its true identity - just another Clouded Drab. I did double-check it was a male, just in case. 

Clouded Drab, North Elmham, 1st April

No comments:

Post a Comment