Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 5 April 2015

Pale Pinion

With Dave tweeting that he'd already had 11 species by 10.30 last night I was a bit disappointed that over the course of the whole night I only managed 10 moths.  But one was this very smart Oak Beauty - not unusual but always a pleasure.

Oak Beauty, North Elmham, 4th April


Not quite as stunning but still quite distinctive - and for now considerably scarcer - was a Pale Pinion.  This species is a new arrival in the UK but is becoming rather common now.  I hadn't seen one until last year but then trapped singles at 3 different sites over the space of a week.


Pale Pinion, North Elmham, 4th April


Other than those, not much else: March Tubic Diurnea fagella, Clouded Drab, 4 Hebrew Characters, Early Grey and Chestnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment