Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Sunday 31 January 2016

Mainly Early Moths

Just a few moths over the last few nights: A Spring Usher and an Early Moth on Wednesday night, another Early Moth on Thursday, Dotted Border and Dark Chestnut on Friday and 3 Early Moths on Saturday.

I also found yet another Harlequin trying to hibernate in my study - this one now evicted. 


Harlequin Ladybird, North Elmham, 28th January


Lastly for now, this bracket fungus from the Broads last weekend seems to be Turkeytail, one of the commonest species apparently.

Turkeytail, Ormesby Little Broad, 24th January

No comments:

Post a Comment