Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Monday 21 March 2016

Yellow Horned

I usually have a quick look round the trap before I go to bed to see if I can see any moths on the outside of the trap or nearby.  I did that last night and found 4 moths, of which 3 were new for the year.  One of those was also new for the house: Yellow Horned - only my second ever.



Yellow Horned, North Elmham, 20th March


The other two were Common Plume Emmelina monodactyla and Satellite.

Satellite, North Elmham, 20th March



Common Plume Emmelina monodactyla, North Elmham, 20th March


After that promising evening I was disappointed to find a fairly mediocre selection in the trap come the morning.  The rest of the catch consisted of Common Flat-body Agonopterix heracliana, Dotted Border, Common Quaker and 3 Hebrew Characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment