Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 19 January 2017

Early Moth not all that early really

My last post reported my first 4 moth species of the year on 7th - until last night I'd added no more species to the year list.  There had been another 4 Mottled Umbers and a Winter Moth on 8th and single Winter Moth, Mottled Umber and Chestnut on 10th.

I expected an 8th consecutive nil return last night as although it was a fraction milder than previous nights I didn't think it was warm enough for anything to emerge.  This Early Moth thought otherwise. Not actually all that early.

Early Moth, North Elmham, 18th January

No comments:

Post a Comment