Description


A diary of my mothing activity covering highlights and photos from my moth trapping activities. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I may mention other wildlife sightings here, especially insects, but for birds see my birding diary.

Thursday 2 March 2017

Bruchus rufipes and March Moth

A Dotted Border was the only moth on Monday night.  On Tuesday I discovered a beetle I didn't recognise flying around my hallway.  After several false starts I eventually narrowed it down to the correct family and then the species-level identification was quite straightforward - it was my first Bruchus rufipes.

Bruchus rufipes, North Elmham, 28th February


A Satellite was the only moth that night and last night either the same or a similar Satellite kicked off proceedings again.  This time it was supported by 2 Dotted Borders, a Hebrew Character and my first March Moth of the year.

March Moth, North Elmham, 1st March

No comments:

Post a Comment